I’m driven by the belief that anyone and everyone can be a changemaker — they just need the tools and inspiration to make it happen.
Creating a Sustainable Social Enterprise:
From an idea into a thriving global platform empowering social impact around the world (with plenty of ups and downs along the way).
Leading & Empowering Outstanding Teams:
I practice servant leadership and take great pride in how my teammates have grown both individually and collectively.
Mentoring Changemakers Around the World:
From coaching entrepreneurs in Donetsk, Ukraine to presenting on social impact at the White House, I'm fortunate to inspire and be inspired by leaders creating a better world.
Including co-founding the largest student group at UCLA, helping build the social enterprise movement in Sweden and serving on both non-profit and for-profit boards
I'm fortunate to surround myself and learn from diverse changemakers of all kinds and through, with and because of them I:
- Co-founded (and now advise) the leading social impact crowdfunding site, StartSomeGood.com, which has helped over 600 changemakers in 50+ countries to raise over $5 Million to start and scale social good projects.
- Speak globally on the topic of social entrepreneurship and changemaker skills, from LA to Lisbon; Ukraine to the Arctic Circle. Speaking engagements have included the White House, the World Bank, leading universities, and tech startups.
- Consult Change.org on how to catalyze social change globally at scale.
- Write on 21st Century leadership and social entrepreneurship in Fast Company, Huffington Post, and The Guardian, in addition to a weekly newsletter and community I founded --The Changemaker Toolkit.
- Ran Scandinavia’s leading social enterprise incubator, helping 100% of the social entrepreneurs scale their impact and revenue through mentoring, coaching, programming, and connections.
- Created and hosted Ashoka’s first ever podcast featuring the stories and insights of world-leading and world-changing social entrepreneurs.
- Have been honored to receive recognition -- the credit for which truly goes out to my incredible colleagues, teammates and collaborators -- including being named alongside Richard Branson and Sheryl Sandberg as a "top 100 visionary leader" by Real Leaders Magazine, Top 99 under 33 in Foreign Policy by Diplomatic Courier and receiving YouthActionNet's global fellowship.
- Assume leadership roles in community groups creating a better world, including The Awesome Foundation Stockholm, The Thousand Network (formerly Sandbox Network), and Creating the Future.
When not changemaking, you can find me cheering on my UCLA bruins, exploring new cities and new hiking trails, camera in hand, and enjoying life in San Francisco.
Get in touch
Want to swap travel tales? Chat about social entrepreneurship? Work together? Just say hello? Email Me — I’d love to hear from you!
If you still want more of me, you’re probably my Mom (Hi Mom!), but here are a few of my favorite interviews I’ve done that shed a bit more light on who I am and what I’m passionate about:
- Takepart.com - 10 Amazing Millenials Who are Saving the World
- The Guardian
- Washington Post
Passport stamps, roadtrips, California burritos, UCLA, James Taylor, burpees, good deeds and great leadership.